Care & Maintenance
Read this carefully in order to enjoy the maximum lifetime of our high quality products for food serving.
For the best hygiene results, we recommend that you always wash new products 3 times before their initial use. Washing-up is one of the occasions when your products can be damaged. Even in water, the surfaces can become scratched if rubbed against each other with force. It is best to avoid putting too many products in the water at once. It is perfectly safe to wash in an automatic dishwasher. As soon as the water has drained away, there should be an immediate rinse cycle to flush away deposits of detergent which will form a film if allowed to dry. Tea and coffee stains can be removed with bicarbonate of soda, and silverware cleaner will remove pencil marks caused by minute deposits of metal from cutlery. Abrasives and harsh scourers should never be used.
All products are subject to abrasion from repeated handling and stacking. We recommend that you stack* no more than one hundred items together, one on top of another. The storage surface should be perfectly flat to avoid warping of your products. To avoid scratching & sliding from the bottom of a stack – always lift and use them out from the top of a stack. When trays with lighter and darker polyester are used together, discoloration may occur. Therefor, we recommend not to combine them.
PC Safe & BPA Free drink and tableware is dishwasher safe and suited to hand washing and sterilising sinks. Sterilising sinks should not exceed 85°C. Maximum dishwasher temperatures should be 60°C - 65°C for the wash and 70°C - 85°C for the rinse. Higher temperatures may cause deterioration of the material. Some dishwasher detergents/rinse aids may cause stress cracking to polycarbonate tableware. PH value should be below 10, preferable 7 or 8. For information on specific detergents please contact your detergent supplier or manufacturer. Washing in hot soapy water should prevent any build up or discolouration. Milton sterilising fluid may be used to remove discolouration. Do not use bactericidal detergents when washing polycarbonate drink & tableware as this may cause deterioration of the material. Always check suitability of the hand wash detergent with the detergent manufacturer. It is essential that your detergent and rinse aids are compatible with polycarbonate and that the correct dosages are used. Using too much or leaving tableware to soak for long periods can shorten the life of the product.
EPIQ offers a limited 1-year warranty against defects on all EPIQ products. For more information, please ask for our complete technical sheets.
- PC Safe & BPA Free drink- and tableware is microwave safe for reheating, but not for cooking food.
- Important – please wash thoroughly before use to ensure full effectiveness of this product.
- Unbreakable products should be treated like any fine glassware.
- Unbreakable products are commercial dishwasher safe.
- Wash our unbreakables as soon as possible to maintain clarity and quality.
- To avoid scratching, use only non-abrasive sponges and pads to clean our drink & tableware products.
- Never place the tableware near or on direct heat. For instance, do not put inside or on electric or gas cookers.
- Do not use bleach or abrasives of any kind i.e. scouring pads, scourers, cleaning powders or liquids etc.
- Avoid contact with steam on a regular basis. Steam might weaken polycarbonate and might cause it to crack.
- To prevent scratching and damage, do not overload your dishwasher rack